Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide

Go down 
+3
jiggy terp
@iRam
Jayrock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayrock
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
Jayrock

Male
Number of posts : 778
Originated Wave Site : kaptainmoney.com
Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-01

Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Empty
PostSubject: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:29 am

Tools:
-Clippers
-Guards
-Brush
-Comb
-Hand mirror
-Big Bathroom Mirror

Basic Definitions you will have to know:
against the grain-going against the way you brush your hair
with the grain-with the grain, the same way you brush your hair. Good cut for those starting off waving.
taper level-The lever on the side that adjusts the cut
guards-the plastic things used on top of the clippers to determine the length of your cut

Info:
Against the grain cuts are the cuts you should definatly start off with.You cant mess up going agt. Going wtg can be difficult because you might accidently go agt. You should practice going wtg by turning off your clippers and practicing the directions u brush with the clippers. It can be difficult holding the clippers. You have to find your own way to hold them so that it is comfortable and effective.
Dont do tapers lol. Just dont do them. You will be trying to give urself a taper but instead giving yourself a chilibowl cut which is fugly, and you dont want fugly.

Down to cutting:
Plug in your clippers. (Don't get the wireless ones, my barber told me they sucked)Brush your hair in the direction that you usually brush. Dont forget your crown. Brush your crown really good.Then i comb my hair wtg so my hair puffs up a little so i can get a more even cut. Comb it all the way around wtg.Then proceed to cutting either wtg or agt.
The way i cut wtg is by cutting from the crown to the hairline since that is the way i brush my hair.Comb it then cut it(very simple) but the crown is the hardest part to cut. You must comb it very effectively so you know what direction it is going. My crown is not very well trained so its imporant to comb the crown.
When going agt, i comb it wtg then go agt, then comb again, then go agt. You do this until you have finished your agt cut. When cutting the crown you dont have to worry about anything, just cut it.

Good Wave Cuts:
2wtg,1.5wtg,1wtg(when hair is trained), Cant find a 1.5? Put on a no.1 guard and set the taper level high so it is like a 1.5wtg.
Agt Cuts:
4agt(very dark cut),3agt(like between a 1.5-2wtg)

Lineup:
Get the andis t-liner
And practice lol, thats all i can say. Practice. Use a double mirror technique and try the comb technique as well.Place the comb at the hairline as a type of "barrier" so you don't mess up.

Good Clippers:

Andis t-liner,Wahls,Andis,Osters(beast)

Thats all i got folks.

Note* I posted this a while back on WB so i copied and pasted and added a lil to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teensearningcash.blogspot.com
@iRam
Off Topic Moderator
Off Topic Moderator
@iRam

Male
Number of posts : 1431
Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 pm

.......why didnt u add the pics of ya line up? nice ish never the less
Back to top Go down
Jayrock
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
Jayrock

Male
Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:28 pm

@iRam wrote:
.......why didnt u add the pics of ya line up? nice ish never the less

kb
Back to top Go down
jiggy terp
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
jiggy terp

Male
Number of posts : 826
Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Informative post.
Back to top Go down
D.E.E.Z.Y.
DIPlomat
DIPlomat
D.E.E.Z.Y.

Male
Number of posts : 151
Originated Wave Site : 360waves.net
Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Good post Jay everbody gettin up on there cut game clap
Back to top Go down
Waveaholic
DIPlomat
DIPlomat
Waveaholic

Male
Number of posts : 148
Originated Wave Site : 360 waves (like 360 and sbwaves)
Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:58 pm

Nice post.
I can use these tips.
Back to top Go down
andrelavelle
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
andrelavelle

Male
Number of posts : 229

Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:05 pm

nice post j
Back to top Go down
Jayrock
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
Jayrock

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:04 pm

been cuttin ma ish for almost a year now :D
Back to top Go down
Tai dai waves
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
Tai dai waves

Female
Number of posts : 414

Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:31 pm

good post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide   Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jayrock's QuickTip Self-Haircutting Guide
Page 1 of 1