Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS

Go down 
+3
Static Shock
th3 ball3r
K-IS-KING
7 posters
AuthorMessage
K-IS-KING
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block
K-IS-KING

Male
Number of posts : 41
Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-28

Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Empty
PostSubject: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:36 pm

ok ive been wavy since last summer but ive been tryin to get waves since mid last school year anyway i recently stubled on to this site and it convinced me to change my products from all that wave builder to better products such as doo gro 360 styles,motions, ect. even started moisterizing and conditioning and even change my brushing pattern i think that may be wat caused it but MY WAVES ON MY RIGHT SIDE HAVE SUDDENLY idk wtf happened it may be kuz i had my last cut against the grain but ive had it done before and had no effect wat else could possibly have happened and when do u think my waves will come back i been a lil pissed im sure u kan understand why. No
Back to top Go down
th3 ball3r
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
th3 ball3r

Male
Number of posts : 67
Originated Wave Site : google lol
Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Dam maybe its cause u changed thre way u brushed
Back to top Go down
Static Shock
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
Static Shock

Male
Number of posts : 201
Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:46 pm

MAYBE UR NOT BRUSHIN ENUF OR UR SUDDEN CHANGE OF PATTERN. IF I WERE U I WOULD WAIT TILL JIGGY COMES THRU
Back to top Go down
Lonzo
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Lonzo

Male
Number of posts : 51
Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:58 pm

when you change the pattern u brush ya waves gonna go along with the new pattern so over time you gonna be fine....same happend to me

look at this old pic from a year and some change when I started brushing with 2 hands(used to only brush my head with one hand lol) my pattern started to change at the top
Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS 61oz94y
Back to top Go down
K-IS-KING
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block
K-IS-KING

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Static Shock wrote:
MAYBE UR NOT BRUSHIN ENUF OR UR SUDDEN CHANGE OF PATTERN. IF I WERE U I WOULD WAIT TILL JIGGY COMES THRU

oh it aint that i brush less ata all more if anything but gyeah thats who im really waitin for lol
Back to top Go down
K-IS-KING
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block
K-IS-KING

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:27 pm

Lonzo wrote:
when you change the pattern u brush ya waves gonna go along with the new pattern so over time you gonna be fine....same happend to me

look at this old pic from a year and some change when I started brushing with 2 hands(used to only brush my head with one hand lol) my pattern started to change at the top
thats but did yo whole head loose its waves kuz the left adapted just fine
Back to top Go down
lukky_lefty
DIPlomat
DIPlomat
lukky_lefty

Male
Number of posts : 133
Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:33 pm

First off, can you use a little punctation next time? LOL!!

And honestly, I think you should step back off using so many products and pomades. Find a product, stick to it. Whatever method you have used to obtain and maintain ur waves, stick to it. Now, honestly, I've been waving for 13 years, I've tried a lot of different products, but it all boils down to the brushing. Your waves on your right side may have disappeared, but if you have seen them after a haircut before, they are still there, it just may take a little time, that's all.

Since you changed up your brushing direction, your waves will change, which means you may have to wolf a little longer, and get higher cuts, until the new wave direction is defined. Until then, just keep brushing in that new pattern/direction until you begin to see results. The best time to do this is the beginning stages of wolfin - but I could be wrong. As said above, Jiggy (my nigga!) may be able to help too

hope this helps!

Lukky

Last edited by lukky_lefty on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/soufpaw
Lonzo
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Lonzo

Male
Number of posts : 51

Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:42 pm

K-IS-KING wrote:
Lonzo wrote:

thats but did yo whole head loose its waves kuz the left adapted just fine

na I didn't lose waves the pattern just changed....just wolf and you'll be fine
Back to top Go down
andrelavelle
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
andrelavelle

Male
Number of posts : 229

Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:43 pm

you are going to have to do what lukky said! and cutting atg wont hurt your wave pattern! you just cant really get low cuts for a while! all in all you will just have to step up your brushing game young man....... they will return
Back to top Go down
jiggy terp
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
jiggy terp

Male
Number of posts : 826
Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 pm

That is a blow fam. I feel you. Consider waving to be a partnership between you and the barber. I have changed barbers three times since I cut off my braids. Barbers either nurture your pattern or destroy it. Some barbers are experts at shape ups. Your line up may be razor sharp but the actual cut itself may be less than desired.

I spend a lot of time in the mirror trying to monitor my progress. After the cuts, my ripples were gone. If your ripples get cut out, then your waves won’t form. When you lose ripples, you keep starting over with every cut. That sounds like what is happening to you.

Wolfing may also be a consideration. Some people like the 1.5 look. That is a good look but it doesn't allow for the hair strands to stretch and recoil as much as a 2 or longer. Changing your brushing strategy is easier when you are wolfing. Your hair can become more flexible as it gets longer if it is trained and moisturized. You are trying to move strands of hair a few millimeters left or right. Without length of hair, your progress will be slow.

If you have been brushing and moisturizing, then other common denominator is your barber. Perfect shape ups and mediocre cuts lead to progress being reset and frustration.

I am not telling you to get a new barber but you have to demand that he respect your ripples.
Back to top Go down
K-IS-KING
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block
K-IS-KING

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 am

jiggy terp wrote:
That is a blow fam. I feel you. Consider waving to be a partnership between you and the barber. I have changed barbers three times since I cut off my braids. Barbers either nurture your pattern or destroy it. Some barbers are experts at shape ups. Your line up may be razor sharp but the actual cut itself may be less than desired.

I spend a lot of time in the mirror trying to monitor my progress. After the cuts, my ripples were gone. If your ripples get cut out, then your waves won’t form. When you lose ripples, you keep starting over with every cut. That sounds like what is happening to you.

Wolfing may also be a consideration. Some people like the 1.5 look. That is a good look but it doesn't allow for the hair strands to stretch and recoil as much as a 2 or longer. Changing your brushing strategy is easier when you are wolfing. Your hair can become more flexible as it gets longer if it is trained and moisturized. You are trying to move strands of hair a few millimeters left or right. Without length of hair, your progress will be slow.

If you have been brushing and moisturizing, then other common denominator is your barber. Perfect shape ups and mediocre cuts lead to progress being reset and frustration.

I am not telling you to get a new barber but you have to demand that he respect your ripples.

good shit jiggy

Last edited by K-IS-KING on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : placed message in the wrong place)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS   Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shit's Depressin....PLZ HELP ALL VETS
Page 1 of 1