Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]

Go down 
+6
Sid
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**
@iRam
SLIM
Mr. Tsunami
Suprah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Suprah
Wave-Sensei
Wave-Sensei
Suprah

Male
Number of posts : 446
Originated Wave Site : Slavebuilder
R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-23

R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Well this is true essence of being a public music figure and how getting money causes danger or worse.....
[for those who dont know about this news already]

Rapper Dolla, born Roderick Anthony Burton II, was shot and killed while waiting in the valet area of the Beverly Center mall in Los Angeles on Monday (May 18 ). He was 21.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the up-and-coming rapper, who signed to Akon's Konvict Muzik label in 2007, had flown to Los Angeles that very morning to continue work on his oft-delayed solo debut, "A Dolla And A Dream," which had been slated for a summer release. He went to the Beverly Center to shop, his publicist Sue Vannasing told the newspaper. After the shooting, Burton was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center a few blocks from the mall, where he died, police said.

According to the Times, the LAPD has not announced a motive for the attack or identified any official suspects, although detectives are questioning a woman they detained at the scene and a man who allegedly fled in a silver Mercedes SUV after he was detained while approaching the ticketing area at the Los Angeles International Airport armed with a gun.

TMZ reports police arrested a man identified as 23-year-old Aubrey Berry at LAX after authorities issued an alert that the suspect may be headed for the airport. The airport police reportedly spotted a man who matched the description of the assailant sitting in the lobby of one of the terminals. When police approached him, Berry said he knew why they were there, raised his hands and told them he had a 9 MM gun in his waistband.

The shooting took place at around 3:10 P.M., and according to the Times, sent shoppers and diners -- who said they heard four to five shots rang out -- diving for cover.

Some of his History

As first reported on Billboard.com last year, Dolla lived through his share of hardships in his short life. Born in Chicago in 1988 as a twin, Dolla's sibling died due to an enlarged heart. At the age of five, after relocating to Los Angeles, his father committed suicide in front of him. As early as age ten, Dolla was dealing drugs in attempt to help make ends meet at home. In 2006, his sister was sentenced to jail following an altercation with police, leaving Dolla and his mother to care for his young niece and nephew. In 2007, Dolla was shot during an attempted robbery.

All the while, Dolla had dreams of leaving the hard knock life behind and becoming a famous rapper. At age 12, he formed a rap group called Da Razkals Cru, who caught the attention of Missy Elliott and Sean "Diddy" Combs, later becoming a model for the latter's Sean John Clothing line.

By 2001, the group signed a deal with Elektra Records, where Dolla met the singer/producer Akon. Unfortunately, Elektra folded a few years later and the group was released from their contract in 2003. By then, Akon had already formed his Konvict Muzik imprint and was looking to expand, and so he signed a joint venture with Dolla's The Gang Entertainment. Shortly after, Dolla was signed as a solo artist to Jive Records via Konvict.

reports and new details yet to come....

I was actually following him for a min with his rap career. i been waitin for his album 2 drop for a long as min
all ima say if u wanna be a figure in the public eye.. watch how you treat ppl,watch who you role with, and remember ppl always hate ppl with money
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tsunami
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
Mr. Tsunami

Male
Number of posts : 313
R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:43 pm

heard this on radio fucked up, bad thing is he young too. had a whole life ahead of him
Back to top Go down
SLIM
Drown bitches... I am your wave GOD
SLIM

Male
Number of posts : 1783
R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:54 pm

whos dollar?

ima look him up.
Back to top Go down
@iRam
Off Topic Moderator
Off Topic Moderator
@iRam

Male
Number of posts : 1431

Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:57 pm

well i dont know to much about him...but it was reported on my radio this morning i heard b4 i got out the car
Back to top Go down
Suprah
Wave-Sensei
Wave-Sensei
Suprah

Male
R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
@iRam
Off Topic Moderator
Off Topic Moderator
@iRam

Male

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:02 pm

so thats who this nigga was......ok 1 hit wonder? thats the only song i know of him on
Back to top Go down
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**

Male
Number of posts : 769
Originated Wave Site : WAVEBUILDER.COM

Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:05 pm

heard bout him dis morning...
real sad
ma nigga had his whole life of him for real...
and he hadnt even gotten his debut album out yet...
RIP DOLLA
prayers go out to his family
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/balla63
Suprah
Wave-Sensei
Wave-Sensei
Suprah

Male

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:12 pm

*mari* wrote:
so thats who this nigga was......ok 1 hit wonder? thats the only song i know of him on

wow my dude
show lil more compassion less bluntness

he was ready 2 push his single like end of this month...
Back to top Go down
@iRam
Off Topic Moderator
Off Topic Moderator
@iRam

Male

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Suprah wrote:
*mari* wrote:

wow my dude
show lil more compassion less bluntness

he was ready 2 push his single like end of this month...

sorry if that seamed mean.....just not feeling it today
Back to top Go down
SLIM
Drown bitches... I am your wave GOD
SLIM

Male
Number of posts : 1783

Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:20 am

that news just hit me today....never really like him though.

but rip.

good shot suprah wit dat news. i prolly woulda neva found out.
Back to top Go down
Sid
Certified DIPlomat
Certified DIPlomat

Male
Number of posts : 715

Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:35 pm

heard it yesterday
still sad but haters do
what they do best
Back to top Go down
242spinna
DIPlomat
DIPlomat
242spinna

Male
Number of posts : 166

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:32 am

you mean dolla dolla who has the single who the fuck is that with akon
Back to top Go down
Death(Troy504)
Gallery Moderator
Gallery Moderator
Death(Troy504)

Male
Number of posts : 1260
Originated Wave Site : Wavebuilder

Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:17 am

I never heard him but.... R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/tjr131
Hollidizzle 4 Shizzle
Admin
Admin
Hollidizzle 4 Shizzle

Male
Number of posts : 572
Originated Wave Site : Wavebuilder.... R.I.P.

Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:13 pm

242spinna wrote:
you mean dolla dolla who has the single who the fuck is that with akon

He had a song with T-Pain I think... I could be wrong tho...
Back to top Go down
Heartbreak_Dre
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
Heartbreak_Dre

Male
Number of posts : 235
Originated Wave Site : WB | HB

Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Last video he made for a song
Best song i heard from him
Anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFaxKog6hI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]   R.I.P Dolla [Long Read] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Dolla [Long Read]
Page 1 of 1