Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

shea butter vs carrot cream

Go down 
+6
xcrunner211
AREZOO
Kasper Cole
Jerz
jiggy terp
King of the Ocean
10 posters
AuthorMessage
King of the Ocean
DIPlomat
DIPlomat
King of the Ocean

Male
Number of posts : 100
Originated Wave Site : 360waves.net
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-24

shea butter vs carrot cream Empty
PostSubject: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 am

can anyone tell me wich one is best for longer hair
Back to top Go down
http://htwon.synthasite.com
jiggy terp
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
jiggy terp

Male
Number of posts : 826
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 am

I moved this topic from the Noob Lounge to the product review section.

When you speak of Shea Butter are talking about the unprocessed type that can be purchased at the health food store or the processed type that can be purchased at the beauty supply store with all of those unhealthy additives?

I am not a big carrot crème or olive crème person. I have used them both. Found the results to be decent but not so overly impressed that I would use it exclusively. I switch products to find the right formula for my hair type.

As for the shea butter, I have used both processed kind and the raw butter from the health food store. The raw butter works slowly and doesn't provide moisture. I found it be more of an oil/grease type feeling. It lasts all day and not heavy so your hair won’t feel weighed down. It soaks in so doesn’t give much of a shine.

The processed shea butter I am currently using two different products with shea butter derivation. The first is shea butter by wonder groo. It was the only hair product I could find that didn’t have a bunch of stuff in it that I couldn't pronounce. The ingredient list was short. The hold of this product was minimal. It was very light and soaked in to the scalp similar to the raw butter. Probably not the best when wolfing as I am but decent when your hair is low.

The second shea butter product that I am using is Shea Butter moisturizer by Fantasia IC. I like it a lot. It soaks in leaving hair manageable and smells like Sherbet Ice Cream. It works decently while wolfing. The problem with this product is that it has a great proportion of artificial ingredients.
Back to top Go down
Jerz
Jerz

Male
Number of posts : 1726
Originated Wave Site : SlaveBuilder R.I.P SpinCity Rest In Shit
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:25 pm

jiggy terp wrote:
I moved this topic from the Noob Lounge to the product review section.

When you speak of Shea Butter are talking about the unprocessed type that can be purchased at the health food store or the processed type that can be purchased at the beauty supply store with all of those unhealthy additives?

I am not a big carrot crème or olive crème person. I have used them both. Found the results to be decent but not so overly impressed that I would use it exclusively. I switch products to find the right formula for my hair type.

As for the shea butter, I have used both processed kind and the raw butter from the health food store. The raw butter works slowly and doesn't provide moisture. I found it be more of an oil/grease type feeling. It lasts all day and not heavy so your hair won’t feel weighed down. It soaks in so doesn’t give much of a shine.

The processed shea butter I am currently using two different products with shea butter derivation. The first is shea butter by wonder groo. It was the only hair product I could find that didn’t have a bunch of stuff in it that I couldn't pronounce. The ingredient list was short. The hold of this product was minimal. It was very light and soaked in to the scalp similar to the raw butter. Probably not the best when wolfing as I am but decent when your hair is low.

The second shea butter product that I am using is Shea Butter moisturizer by Fantasia IC. I like it a lot. It soaks in leaving hair manageable and smells like Sherbet Ice Cream. It works decently while wolfing. The problem with this product is that it has a great proportion of artificial ingredients.

clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
Kasper Cole
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
Kasper Cole

Male
Number of posts : 419
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:37 pm

raw shea butter is better when wolfing. it has a good bit of hold to it, which is really needed when deep into wolfing. i don't really like shea butter that has been 'refined' and made into hair products. my hair seems to soak up hb carrot creme quickly. africa's best cc is better for me but i still won't use it when wolfin...

i stick with pomade every 3 days once i get to week 4.... Cool
Back to top Go down
AREZOO
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block
AREZOO

Male
Number of posts : 8
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:51 pm

All honestly shea better is a win win,it holds well and gives amazing shine.The carrot creme drys to fast.
Back to top Go down
xcrunner211
Ripplemania
Ripplemania

Male
Number of posts : 56
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Carrot creme
Back to top Go down
xcrunner211
Ripplemania
Ripplemania

Male
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Carrot creme changes texture
Back to top Go down
Waver242
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Waver242

Male
Number of posts : 95
Originated Wave Site : Wave Builder...
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 am

xcrunner211 wrote:
Carrot creme changes texture

NeutralNeutralNeutralNeutral IT DOES :S!?
Back to top Go down
xcrunner211
Ripplemania
Ripplemania

Male

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 pm

yep! nothing drastic though
Back to top Go down
jiggy terp
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
jiggy terp

Male
Number of posts : 826
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:30 am

Moisturizer use during wolfing campaigns changes texture because it makes your hair softer and less resistant to the brush. If you look at the pictures in the photo gallery for the most part, most textures look fairly similar. Pay particular attention to the spacing and the way the hair looks in between the crest of one wave and the crest of another. This fact is more pronounced on non-microwavers. Wolfing is the unifying theme. It is not one particular product that achieves the texture change. It is the double s metamorphoses.
Back to top Go down
bigsam
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Male
Number of posts : 3

Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 am

i think Carrot creme
Back to top Go down
360wonder
Ripplemania
Ripplemania

Male
Number of posts : 67
Originated Wave Site : www.spincity.forumotion.com

Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Shea Butter...
Back to top Go down
BW
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Male
Number of posts : 8
shea butter vs carrot cream Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100shea butter vs carrot cream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm

shea butter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shea butter vs carrot cream   shea butter vs carrot cream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shea butter vs carrot cream
Page 1 of 1