Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

How to properly moisturize your hair...

Go down 
+7
Sid
C mac
NYPD
Jerz
Hollidizzle 4 Shizzle
KBezzy
RudeBwoy_DreBaby
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RudeBwoy_DreBaby
Admin
Admin
RudeBwoy_DreBaby

Male
Number of posts : 871
Originated Wave Site : wavebuilder
How to properly moisturize your hair... Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100How to properly moisturize your hair... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-29

How to properly moisturize your hair... Empty
PostSubject: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:09 pm

jus a lil info i read on the site www.nappturality.com it was pretty helpful basically telling niggaz how to properly moisturize and how moisturizes alone cant do it alone...so i know niggaz like to jus use carrot creme/olive cream, motions, etc but this right here jus tells u how to lock in that moisture blah blah blah...jus tryna look out for WB..so read up niggaz

Protein

Protein is what gives the hair its strength and structure. Hair is about 70% keratin protein by nature. Protein is found most prevalently in products like instant conditioners bargain brands like Suave and V05), protein conditioner treatments, and even some moisturizers.

Moisturizers

Moisturizers are products that are water-based and nourish your hair deep within the strand. Water is the ultimate moisturizer so waterbased products are best for really getting the best moisture benefit. Products with moisturizing properties tend to be your conditioners and other water-based products. Moisturizers may also be protein-based, but these protein based moisturizers do not have the moisturizing benefit that moisture-based moisturizers have. Good moisturizers will not contain ingredients like petrolatum, mineral oil, or lanolin. These are cheap product fillers. Be wary of products that claim moisturizing benefits and contain these ingredients. There is nothing moisturizing about them! Petrolatum and mineral oil are sealants and have the potential to suffocate the hair and scalp and seal out the moisture it needs.

Sealing in your Moisturizers:
Our hair naturally contains moisture, but because our hair is also naturally porous, keeping the moisture inside is a difficult task. Sources of outside moisture, or external moisture supplementation is a must for black hair. Water molecules and moisture from these supplemental moisturizing products easily passes into the hair shaft, but they pass out just as easily. The moisture you apply needs to held in by something. Oil.
A light coating of oil on top will help seal the moisture inside. Oils are made of large molecules. These molecules are too large to absorbed by the hair strand. Applying oils to the hair and scalp will coat them and trap moisture that is inside on the inside and moisture that is outside on the outside. The key is to lock in the moisture within the strands with your oil. If you use oils without a moisturizer or before one, the oil will seal the moisture out of the hair strand and lead to eventual dryness. This technique of moisturizing and sealing has really been helpful to me and is a resonating hallmark of my regimen. Moisturizing success is all in the order in which you apply your products.

REMEMBER! Oils DO NOT Moisturize.
Perhaps a words like “nourish” would be better than moisturize. If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me to recommend a good oil that moisturizes, I would be rich! Oil alone will not and cannot moisturize within the hair shaft. An oil can only coat the outside of the strand, and give it shine- the illusion of moisture. Again, the molecules that make oil are much too large to penetrate. Oil molecules are “hydro-phobic” which means they repel and do not readily mix with water. Remember, if you apply an oil product to your hair before you have added a moisturizing product, you have created a seal on your hair strand that water and moisture cannot penetrate...

so break out yall olive oil, carrot oil, all dat shit! So now that uve read dis everyone should have ATLEAST 2 main moisturizing products iight....
yea u might think u know all dis already but fuck u if u did im jus lookin out...~1~
Back to top Go down
KBezzy
Admin
Admin
KBezzy

Male
Number of posts : 425
Originated Wave Site : WB
How to properly moisturize your hair... Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100How to properly moisturize your hair... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Hum i must have missed this post but i like i like
Back to top Go down
Hollidizzle 4 Shizzle
Admin
Admin
Hollidizzle 4 Shizzle

Male
Number of posts : 572
Originated Wave Site : Wavebuilder.... R.I.P.
How to properly moisturize your hair... Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100How to properly moisturize your hair... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:26 pm

this is good shit. If dumb waveless niggas read it their hair will be silky smoothe in no time! :D
Back to top Go down
Jerz
Jerz

Male
Number of posts : 1726
Originated Wave Site : SlaveBuilder R.I.P SpinCity Rest In Shit

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:31 am

Kamieb is who I is wrote:
Hum i must have missed this post but i like i like

yea i dont remember this one
sticky this nd his other thread nd my thread lol
Back to top Go down
Jerz
Jerz

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:45 pm

so pink lotion is an oil?
can u give an example of a combination that would lock in the moisture?
Back to top Go down
NYPD
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block
NYPD

Male
Number of posts : 3
Originated Wave Site : www.wavebuilder.com
How to properly moisturize your hair... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How to properly moisturize your hair... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:08 pm

good post cosign wit holliday
Back to top Go down
RudeBwoy_DreBaby
Admin
Admin
RudeBwoy_DreBaby

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:25 pm

NJ Spinna wrote:

olive cream and olive oil

carrot cream and carrot oil

olive cream and pomade

etc....
Back to top Go down
C mac
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block
C mac

Male
Number of posts : 22
Originated Wave Site : 360
How to properly moisturize your hair... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How to properly moisturize your hair... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:14 pm

good advice rude

you do moisturize w/oil on top everday?
Back to top Go down
RudeBwoy_DreBaby
Admin
Admin
RudeBwoy_DreBaby

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:18 pm

C mac wrote:
good advice rude

nope not everyday..if u properly moisturize..you'll will only have to apply once until ur next wash....

i was never a big fan of oil..so if im tryna keep my hair down..and moisturized for dayz i use a pomade...360 style to b exact....
Back to top Go down
Sid
Certified DIPlomat
Certified DIPlomat

Male
Number of posts : 715

Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:08 pm

good post rude
Back to top Go down
Jerz
Jerz

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:21 pm

RudeBwoy_DreBaby wrote:
NJ Spinna wrote:

olive cream and olive oil

carrot cream and carrot oil

olive cream and pomade

etc....

ooooo lol
i knew dat
Back to top Go down
@iRam
Off Topic Moderator
Off Topic Moderator
@iRam

Male
Number of posts : 1431

Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:49 pm

RudeBwoy_DreBaby wrote:
C mac wrote:
good advice rude

nope not everyday..if u properly moisturize..you'll will only have to apply once until ur next wash....

i was never a big fan of oil..so if im tryna keep my hair down..and moisturized for dayz i use a pomade...360 style to b exact....
word i dont like oil either but when u have an athletic scheduele u have no choice but to use a pomade its a bitch wolfing
Back to top Go down
rollsroyce0208
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Male
Number of posts : 4
How to properly moisturize your hair... Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100How to properly moisturize your hair... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 am

one of the best advice you can get from one of da finest keep it up rude....
Back to top Go down
WAVECRAZE3000
WAVECRAZE3000

Male
Number of posts : 594
Originated Wave Site : Wavebuilder

Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:14 pm

make sure you put down the site that you googled to get this info rude lmao j'p good stuff though.
Back to top Go down
SoufKakSpinna
Certified DIPlomat
Certified DIPlomat
SoufKakSpinna

Male
Number of posts : 598
How to properly moisturize your hair... Left_bar_bleue59 / 10059 / 100How to properly moisturize your hair... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Daamn Rude i wish i woulda saw that post earlier. Well back to the sto. Thx for that post fam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to properly moisturize your hair...   How to properly moisturize your hair... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to properly moisturize your hair...
Page 1 of 1