Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

Pomade questions.

Go down 
+6
lukky_lefty
KoolAidNoSugar
how2getwaves.com
jiggy terp
SLIM
Beazy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Beazy
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Beazy

Male
Number of posts : 81
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-28

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:25 am

-Should Pomade be applied with my daily routine?

-Does it really clog your hair follicles to the point that you lose hair later on in life?

-What exactly does pomade do for your waves? Does it ONLY hold your hair down?

-Do I always have to wear a du-rag/wave cap after applying pomade?

-How many different types of pomade are there?

-I see alot of people suggesting that I just brush and moisturize my hair, and only use pomade when I'm going out. So, should I use pomade daily for school, simply because that's what would be defined as "going out"?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Bakithi07
SLIM
Drown bitches... I am your wave GOD
SLIM

Male
Number of posts : 1783
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-22

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 am

Beazy wrote:
-Should Pomade be applied with my daily routine?

-Does it really clog your hair follicles to the point that you lose hair later on in life?

-What exactly does pomade do for your waves? Does it ONLY hold your hair down?

-Do I always have to wear a du-rag/wave cap after applying pomade?

-How many different types of pomade are there?

-I see alot of people suggesting that I just brush and moisturize my hair, and only use pomade when I'm going out. So, should I use pomade daily for school, simply because that's what would be defined as "going out"?

question 1= No...pomdae is a very greasy substance, it aslo clogs hair folicles in your head, which equals a very unhealthy situation for your head.

question 2= pomade in addition to hold provides and artifical shine for your hair, btw you can get better shine from more hair friendly products out there.

question 3= not really, but for better results...rag up or cap up after brushing

last question= there are ALOT of pomades out there...its a big world...lol

anymore questions? Cool
Back to top Go down
Beazy
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Beazy

Male
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:30 am

In response to your last answer, what pomades would you suggest to avoid that greasy feeling?
Back to top Go down
SLIM
SLIM

Male
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:36 am

hmmm in order to aviod that greasy feeling i recommend to stop using it all together...

but there is a brand of hair product called seasick...that makes a great pomade from reviews...

http://www.sbwaves.com/how2getwavescom-f2/seasick-products-t1037.htm?sid=bd7e232c0f732793ce7ca5ae4091218e

and if you dont like that there are better alternatives to pomade such as indian hemp...its a little on the greasy side but its waaaay better for your hair as it promotes hair growth...
Back to top Go down
Beazy
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Beazy

Male

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:12 am

Well, are heavy pomades such as Murray's good to use? Murray's doesn't quite give me a greasy feeling, but if it's going to clog up my follicles if I use it, I don't want to help myself now and hurt myself later. So should I quit using that?
Back to top Go down
jiggy terp
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
jiggy terp

Male
Number of posts : 826
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:36 am

Its a matter of personal preference.

To make a long story short, pomade is a supplement to be used sparingly. The more that it is used the greater the potential for you to experience its negative impacts. Whether pomade is light, heavy or somewhere in between it is comprised of ingredients whose negative impact may outweigh positives. There are other hair products that when used correctly will provide you with similar results to pomade with much less risk to your hair.
Back to top Go down
how2getwaves.com
Seasick Creator
Seasick Creator
how2getwaves.com

Male
Number of posts : 210
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-16

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:01 am

jiggy terp wrote:

To make a long story short, pomade is a supplement to be used sparingly. The more that it is used the greater the potential for you to experience its negative impacts. Whether pomade is light, heavy or somewhere in between it is comprised of ingredients whose negative impact may outweigh positives. There are other hair products that when used correctly will provide you with similar results to pomade with much less risk to your hair.

If you want to use pomade daily. You want to use very little.
Back to top Go down
http://www.how2getwaves.com
KoolAidNoSugar
Show Stopper
Show Stopper
KoolAidNoSugar

Male
Number of posts : 228

Registration date : 2009-05-18

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:17 am

Unless you have that really sofy, curly, easy to lay down texture of hair my nigga, then I would say dont use pomade or grease or what else the fuck ever they call it. But damn...yeah pomade contains petroleum. But its not all petroleum. If you want that hold(I dont care for the shine) then youre gonna have to use it unless your texture is that of which I said. If you using it a lot like I use Murrays but since I'm training my hair to go in a new direction, I put in a pretty heavy amount. Thats why I may use it once or twice a week. Or do like Ant said. But dont let these niggas scare you from pomade cuz half of them wouldnt have any waves without it. Unless you brush your fucking hands off, pomade or grease should be used.
Back to top Go down
lukky_lefty
DIPlomat
DIPlomat
lukky_lefty

Male
Number of posts : 133
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-01

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Divine Write wrote:
Unless you have that really sofy, curly, easy to lay down texture of hair my nigga, then I would say dont use pomade or grease or what else the fuck ever they call it. But damn...yeah pomade contains petroleum. But its not all petroleum. If you want that hold(I dont care for the shine) then youre gonna have to use it unless your texture is that of which I said. If you using it a lot like I use Murrays but since I'm training my hair to go in a new direction, I put in a pretty heavy amount. Thats why I may use it once or twice a week. Or do like Ant said. But dont let these niggas scare you from pomade cuz half of them wouldnt have any waves without it. Unless you brush your fucking hands off, pomade or grease should be used.

CO-SIGN MY-NIGGGUH!!!!

DON'T BE AFRAID OF POMADES! LOL

Sportin Waves black is who I credit for my initial wave pattern. People need to stop being afraid of petro and lanolin infused products. PETRO and LANOLIN will only damage your hair if you don't wash ur hair at least once a week.

I use a few products that have "petro" and "lano" in them. They actually make ur hair soft at first...and ur hair stays soft. Try laying your hair down with Pink Lotion or any hair lotion, and then shower brush in the shower next time without shampoo... dry urhair and see if it aint soft and moisturized.

Last edited by lukky_lefty on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/soufpaw
Beazy
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Beazy

Male

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:28 am

Lol, forgot about this topic. Alright, I've decided.

I'm gonna moisturize daily, and shampoo, condition, and apply pomade every Sunday and Wednesday. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**

Male
Number of posts : 769
Originated Wave Site : WAVEBUILDER.COM

Registration date : 2009-01-31

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:41 am

how2getwaves.com wrote:
jiggy terp wrote:

If you want to use pomade daily. You want to use very little.
cosign.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/balla63
SLIM
SLIM

Male

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:59 am

Beazy wrote:
Lol, forgot about this topic. Alright, I've decided.

I'm gonna moisturize daily, and shampoo, condition, and apply pomade every Sunday and Wednesday. Sound good?

heh....i still would leave the pomade out.

at the end of the dat pomade DOES NOT give u waves, all it does is hold and create shine, u can acheive a great set of waves without them...i personally stopped using pomade after i started waving seriously, so i dont hand any credit to it....

but its your decision....
Back to top Go down
staka12
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
staka12

Male
Number of posts : 207
Originated Wave Site : Hairboutique and Wavebuilder
Pomade questions. Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Pomade questions. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-12

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:31 am

u dont need to use pomade everyday, try n use pomade about 2-3 times a week. No more
Back to top Go down
DATBOY559
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
DATBOY559

Male
Number of posts : 407

Registration date : 2009-05-12

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:19 am

DONT USE FUKIN POMADE PERIOD
Back to top Go down
Beazy
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
Beazy

Male

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm straight up African, and I'm going to need something to help hold my hair down a little bit. I'm going to use it sparingly, like jiggy said. It's really my only option to achieve great lay-down waves.
Back to top Go down
Kasper Cole
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
Kasper Cole

Male
Number of posts : 419

Registration date : 2009-04-06

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:02 am

Beazy wrote:
I'm straight up African, and I'm going to need something to help hold my hair down a little bit. I'm going to use it sparingly, like jiggy said. It's really my only option to achieve great lay-down waves.
Do what u gotta do pimpin.
i use pomade about 2x a week...and thats probably not gonna change.
i find that it's a necessity for me down in the south. if i go outside for the whole day or even in some of these hot, humid ass clubs w/o pomade my hair would be through.
the pros outweigh the cons imo....yeah OC has a little hold, but its nothing compared to what a good pomade will give you.

to each his own...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pomade questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pomade questions.   Pomade questions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pomade questions.
Page 1 of 1