Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

Seasick and wave cap

Go down 
+7
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**
drownyall
how2getwaves.com
Tai dai waves
KoolAidNoSugar
jiggy terp
cpcoldmaniv
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cpcoldmaniv
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Male
Number of posts : 9
Seasick and wave cap Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Seasick and wave cap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-09

Seasick and wave cap Empty
PostSubject: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Just got my Seasick Pomade in today..like the smell, smells like some candy I ate before..*L* I would advise leaving this around little kids to be safe. Thick enough and not too thick. Smells Great

Would like to ask a question though..I bought some wave caps, I used to wear them back in the days, but mainly to cover up a bad haircut or if I hadnt had a hair cut in a while so I reallly didn't care if it kept my hair in the same place as long as it was covered up.*L*

With the wolfin..I wanted to ask ya'll how do put on your wave cap, front to back, back to front? Are you worried about your crown getting messed up when putting on the wave cap and also I have room at the top of the wave cap (like you can tie it up) do ya'll pull it flat on your head or leave the little left over up top free?

Thanks for the help..
Back to top Go down
jiggy terp
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
jiggy terp

Male
Number of posts : 826
Seasick and wave cap Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Seasick and wave cap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:13 pm

The rationale for wearing a wave-cap or a du-rag is compression. The elastic in wave-caps wears out over time. Thus, wearing an old wave-cap may be ineffective if it is not tight to your skull. Loose wave-caps will not hold your hair in place and may weaken your wave pattern. This compression aids in training your hair to lay close to the scalp.

You may be over thinking how to wear the wave-cap. As the cap breaks-in the space at the top will diminish. Just throw the joint on. If it is tight, you are in there. If it is loose, you may not achieve the desired results. When you take off the wave-cap after a nights sleep and your hair looks worse than it did before you put it on, then you may consider trashing that joint.
Back to top Go down
KoolAidNoSugar
Show Stopper
Show Stopper
KoolAidNoSugar

Male
Number of posts : 228
Seasick and wave cap Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Seasick and wave cap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Jiggy, i would give you rep points for that but i dont see where to add them at
Back to top Go down
Tai dai waves
Superstar Spinna
Superstar Spinna
Tai dai waves

Female
Number of posts : 414
Seasick and wave cap Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Seasick and wave cap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:09 pm

jiggy terp wrote:
The rationale for wearing a wave-cap or a du-rag is compression. The elastic in wave-caps wears out over time. Thus, wearing an old wave-cap may be ineffective if it is not tight to your skull. Loose wave-caps will not hold your hair in place and may weaken your wave pattern. This compression aids in training your hair to lay close to the scalp.

You may be over thinking how to wear the wave-cap. As the cap breaks-in the space at the top will diminish. Just throw the joint on. If it is tight, you are in there. If it is loose, you may not achieve the desired results. When you take off the wave-cap after a nights sleep and your hair looks worse than it did before you put it on, then you may consider trashing that joint.
Cosing'n good adv.
Back to top Go down
how2getwaves.com
Seasick Creator
Seasick Creator
how2getwaves.com

Male
Number of posts : 210

Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Me personally, I like to put mines on back to front. I also take it off back to front.

Just seems like it keeps everything intact smoother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.how2getwaves.com
drownyall
Wave-Sensei
Wave-Sensei
drownyall

Male
Number of posts : 150
Originated Wave Site : wavebuilder
Seasick and wave cap Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Seasick and wave cap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:56 am

Get a doo rag bruh...they compress better,stay put,and don't wear out as fast...and for extra holdin power throw one or 2 of dem wave caps u talkin bout...
Back to top Go down
cpcoldmaniv
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Male
Number of posts : 9
Seasick and wave cap Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Seasick and wave cap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:23 am

Took off the wave cap this morning and it looks like it holds better than my durag and that seasick pomade still smells good.*LOL* Bout to get the conditioner. and even though I'm wolfin, still can't wait to go to the Dub Show inCharlotte..
Back to top Go down
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**
360 VETERAN
360 VETERAN
**WAVENIGGA 3.5**

Male
Number of posts : 769
Originated Wave Site : WAVEBUILDER.COM
Seasick and wave cap Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Seasick and wave cap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 am

drownyall wrote:
Get a doo rag bruh...they compress better,stay put,and don't wear out as fast...and for extra holdin power throw one or 2 of dem wave caps u talkin bout...
cosign....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/balla63
TheKing23
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Male
Number of posts : 17

Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:26 am

What I do is wear the wave cap & doo rag, the wave cap helps to hold my sides down tighter and the doo rag is for the top.
Back to top Go down
iceage
Ripplemania
Ripplemania
iceage

Male
Number of posts : 75

Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:40 am

Tai_Dah_Waves wrote:
jiggy terp wrote:

Cosing'n good adv.
cosign
Back to top Go down
@iRam
Off Topic Moderator
Off Topic Moderator
@iRam

Male
Number of posts : 1431

Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:49 am

im more of a durag person but... when using a wave cap back to front keeps ish from messing up
Back to top Go down
Jerz
Jerz

Male
Number of posts : 1726
Originated Wave Site : SlaveBuilder R.I.P SpinCity Rest In Shit

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:06 pm

how2getwaves.com wrote:
Me personally, I like to put mines on back to front. I also take it off back to front.

Just seems like it keeps everything intact smoother.

hell yea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seasick and wave cap   Seasick and wave cap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seasick and wave cap
Page 1 of 1