Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit out new forum: http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
There is currently a new forum in the works, and its near completion! Feel free to check it out. Sign up! http://elitespins.niceboard.com/

How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Imfamus
Wave-Sensei
Wave-Sensei
Imfamus

Male
Number of posts : 543
Originated Wave Site : Wavebuilder.... R.I.P.
How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-31

How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!! Empty
PostSubject: How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!!   How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Well its been brought to my attention(and no disrespect) that some of us have a problem with pic taking. This problem not only takes away from the true beauty of ya waves , but its kind of annoying lol so lets get into it.
One of the key aspects of picture taking is lighting...sometimes a picture that is taken with a certain level of light behind may come out looking dark like this
How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!! 1201381715
As you can already see due to the excessive light my back left and a majority of my left side is been darkened out and my waves cannot be seen..........it is kind of like an eclipse effect. So how do you solve this problem? shrug Well try to have the light (if its adjustable) at an angle....better yet have the camera at an angle so that the light present will enhance you waves instead of take away from it......heres an example
How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!! 002-1
Cant you tell the difference between that picture and the first one? In the picture above I set the camera at a 45 degree angle which would not only capture the light present but also allowed me to capture a full view of my waves. That is one of the key things to do in picture taking which is getting a good angle on your picture ........WHICH WILL TAKE SOME EXPERIMENTING....and also remember to include what YOU WANT in the photo and exclude what you don't want.
Moving on to part two in picture taking is keeping your hand steady. I've been guilty of it myself and a lot of yall do this. KEEP A STEADY HAND. There are honestly times that I wonder if some of you have parkinsons disease lmao j'p. If you dont have certain equipment like a tripod make sure that you keep a steady hand as you take your picture or else it will come out looking like this....

As you can see not keeping a steady hand takes away from the picture....there's less visibility and overall it makes your waves look like SHIT theres no other way of getting around it...your waves will look shitty and you'll end up getting clowned.
Well then....how will you be able to take good pictures if you dont understand your camera How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!! Confused That leads me into my third point...know your camera. Digital cameras come with many unique features that you can use to your advantage such as the option a black/white tint, the option of having flash or no flash at all ,and different focus types. Obviously as I said before you may have to experiment with it a little that is the only way to to get better at picture taking.

So lets recap what we have learned:
1. Take into account the lighting and the angle at that you are taking your picture at.
2.Keep a steady hand.
3.Get to know your camera.
4.Experiment with your picture taking skills thats the only way you'll get better at it.

Since we are on the subject of picture taking I decided to include "HOW TO POST A PIC" made by Reppinthe202.
1. Upload a pic on the internet (I recommend photobucket.com)
2. After uploading the pic to the album, copy the line that reads ... "Url link.
3. When starting your post in SBwaves.com(yea I changed that lol), start the post by pressing the (IMG) button in the upper right hand corner under the topic line.
4. After (IMG) pops up the message box, paste the url link (that I had u copy earlier) after (IMG).
5. Press the (IMG) button again, so that now (IMG) shows up on both sides of the Url link.
6. Click preview and let the pic load. . . and Wallla!

I hope this helps the new comers out and also helps to refresh the vets on pic taking. If there is anything I missed and there is something that you are not sure of ...don't be afraid to pm me or post a question in the thread.
BTW Jojo made a lil thread on this today too...didnt notice so I'll just add it on once again every thing from this point on was done by JOJO

Welcome to picture taking 101, i hope you brought your pen and notepad. I well be teaching yall the basic of how to take pictures of your waves so they wont look like a whole bunch of crazy lines in your head.

I well be covering 3 important parts of taking pictures which are staging,The right light,and your strenght areas.Alittle hit before you read these lessons is ANGLES IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART WHEN IT COMES TO TAKING PICTURES. I really cant go into detail with angles because its all in how you hold the camra and hold your head.sorry if i figure out how to write it up so it is understandable i well.

Lesson 1-Staging The night before you take your pictures do your method and du rag for the night. When u wake up do not, i repeat DO NOT brush your hair for a good hour before taking pictures BUT DONT NOT TAKE PICTURES WITHOUT BRUSHING THEM. Why you ask?... Because your hair will never lay down as good as when u first take ur du rag off, BUT, they also wont be as defined as if you give them a good brushing. What you do is put alittle of your moisterizor on then brush with a softee or a medium(depending on hair length) for about 2-3 mins.You are now staged to take your pictures.

Something extra you can do before taking pictures is do the bag method. Which is take a wal-mart bag or any other small bag you can find and rub your hair with it. This really gets the little tiny hairs to lay down nice.For more information click the link.
http://www.Gumbuilder.com/training/showthread.php?t=3439

Lesson 2- Light Pictures in natural lighting shows your deepness more then indoor light in your house. Now if you like to take pictures in the house or its to dark outside to take pictures this is when the flash comes in.

Lesson 3- Exposing your strengths
Everyone pretty much knows thier strenghts and weaknesses. Well you wanna try to focus most of your pictures based on your stregths. Angles are crucial in capturing your strongpoints and connections. A good example is RudeBwoy avatar. His connects are great from the top to the side. This is what I mean by capturing them. Another
example is Bank Bois avatar the way he took his top/back picture is good because you can see the depth and connection. These are prime examples of getting good angle shots of your strongpoints. If everythings your strong point like OMM then you pretty much can take pictures however the fuck u want and not care.. lol.

hopefully this helped you guys out with the basics of how to take pictures. Again i say basic because there is alot more that gose into taking pictures like how to hold the camra the right way,how to hold your head so its in the light and the picture dose not come out dark,and how far to how the camra from your head. But only you well have to learn how to hold the camra in the right way and just practice so you can show of your waves.

some info was taking from SIR WAVE ALOT....

Originally Posted by Wavecraze3000 aka Usain Bolt
Back to top Go down

How to take wave pics...THE RIGHT WAY!!!
Page 1 of 1